Installing instant lawn or artificial turf can be pretty straightforward. With the right skills and tools, you can actually do it on your own. Should you decide to do so, Darwin Synthetic Turf Specialists can provide you the turf supplies you need. Otherwise, we can do design, supply, and install the synthetic grass for you.
Our installation process involves the following phases:
- Assessment – our professional installers will primarily conduct evaluation and assessment of the area where the turf will be installed. We check the surfaces where the base will be constructed. We will then measure and calculate the area in order to determine the exact size of the turf and avoid excess cut-offs.
- Excavation – we will remove the old turf installation and prepare the surface for the new one by excavating at least 80mm to 100mm.
- Base-works – we will fill in the base of the area with crushed rock and then crushed dust at least 75mm and 15mm, respectively.
- Compacting the Base – making sure the base is below 10mm of the finished levels by compacting and levelling it.
- Installation – the artificial grass will be rolled out and positioned correctly. Using a sharp cutter or a knife, we will make sure all joins are lined up and straight.
- Joining and Securing – our installers won’t leave any joins unsecured. We use pins, adhesives and seaming tapes so that they are all attached and in place.
- Infill – pouring sand to the desired level and brushing off into the base of the fibre.
- Grooming – cleaning up all the mess and making the turf look great before we leave so it is ready for use.
Whether you need artificial turf for residential or commercial use, we have you covered. If you are in Darwin, Northern Territory, or the surrounding areas, entrust us all your fake grass needs. Call us up today and ask for a free quote.